Sunday, September 20, 2009

Grandma Bea's Baked Mac & Cheese

As I type I'm baking this in the oven right now, ha! That's what actually made me think to come and post it on here right now. This is Sam's (my husband's) all-time fav dish that I make, and we can thank good ol' Grandma Bea for it!! Even though it's the same recipe, there's something about Grandma Bea's that is always so much yummier. I can never seem to match hers. Needless to say, she is such a good cook! Enjoy!

Preheat oven to 375.

Ingredients:
2 cups elbow macoroni noodles
1 and 1/3 cups cheddar cheese cubed
4 tbsp. butter
2 cups milk
salt & pepper
*optional: 1 piece of bread

Directions:
Boil and drain macaroni.
Pour into casserole dish.
Add butter and stir until melted.
Salt & Pepper to your taste.
Add cubed cheese and stir.
Pour in milk.
*optional: crumble a piece of bread ontop if you'd like a crispy touch on top. It's good!
Place in preheated oven and bake for 45 mins.

Tada!! Enjoy. We make it all the time. Not too many ingredients and not a huge timetaker...except for the waiting 45 mins. to eat it once it's in the oven, haha.


Contributed By: Elizabeth Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment