I am constantly adding to and changing this recipe to become better but this is the best combination I have come up with so far.
Chicken Tortilla Soup
3 boneless chicken breasts
1 large can of enchilada sauce
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 can of black beans
1 can of mexican style rice
1 can mild rotel
2 cans full of water
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 bag of shredded cheese of choice
1. Boil chicken in large saucepan.
2. Using 2 forks, shread chicken into pieces.
3. Open can of black beans and rotel drain juices into sink.
4. In large crock pot, mix the following ingredients together: shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, cream of chicken soup, drained rotel, drained black beans, mexican style rice, and 2 cans full of water.
5. Cook in crock pot on low for at least 2 hours.
6. Ladel soup into bowl and garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream, avacado, and tortilla strips to liking.
Feeds 6 people